Wednesday 30 August 2017

Co-piloting ChaosNova: image quotes for "Seeker" (1)


I shall exploit the header space to boost the signal of our GM's Gofundme campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/blueberrycreekrecovery

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Vaguely around Earth Occidental Standard Year 2014, the drift of interwebs lead my paths into collaboration course with Chaos Nova universe. I have since run a character in the forum-based space opera RPG (dispensing unsolicited advice about universe, life, and everything in the process), yapped along to countless online gaming sessions, and dug deep into the creative flow with editing, co-writing, and worldbuilding.


As of mid-august, there are some fruits of collaboration to show off: we completed "Seeker"! (Check it out here!) Now the spread-the-word-mode kicks in. Over the months leading to "Seeker" release, I've become rather comfortable managing the @KaosNovaWriting Twitter feed, comfortable enough to play around and experiment with the different tools and media. I'd picked up tips on making image quotes from the Dark Treasury blog, and wanted to try making some for our cause.
A few self-imposed pointers I adhere to: 1) I'm no designer; keeping it simple, no fancy fonts. 2) Only using locally sourced photos (from myself and friends of ChaosNova). 3) For now, only quotes from within the book - in other words, we'll be spreading micro-excerpts.

Here's what I came up with based on chapter1. Apart from the starry background from NASA, the images here are all my own photos. (stay tuned for a quick making-of video.)











No comments:

Post a Comment